The Education subcommittee helps fulfill the larger Committee on Chemical Safety's mission by producing and updating materials about safe chemical practices for educational facilities.
The subcommittee works primarily on larger, more long-ranging publications and educational projects. The subcommittee also continuously monitors the CSS publications and brochures related to education for needed updates.
- Revision of “Safety in the Elementary Classroom”
- Revision of existing brochure. Collaboration with NSTA possible.
- Translation of “SACL-8” into other languages.
- Current efforts: Arabic, Spanish. Others to be considered Chinese (Mandarin), Portuguese, and Indonesian (Malay).
- ACS Online Safety Modules
- Some members are providing assistance in this project (led by Neal Langerman).
Collaboration Space (login required)
Past Projects and Publications
More Education-Related Safety Publications >>