What We Do
Welcome to the Committee on Chemical Safety (CCS). This section highlights the Committee's activities and provides administrative resources for its members. Our primary activities include:
- Publication of standards, tools, and other materials for use in classrooms, laboratories, and the workplace
- Development of safety policy statements for the ACS Board of Directors
- Providing advice and assistance to other ACS committees and members
- Presentation and sponsorship of symposia
CCS provides collaborative leadership and resources to advance chemical safety.
A scientific community that embraces safety in all activities of the chemistry enterprise.
- Goal 1: Foster collaborative partnerships to advance safe chemistry.
- Goal 2: Create and compile chemical safety resources that are current, well-managed and authoritative.
- Goal 3: Ensure effective dissemination of high quality chemical safety resources.
- Goal 4: Optimize CCS structure and operations to achieve strategic goals and ongoing responsibilities.