CTA Leadership Development System Course Award
The ACS Committee on Technician Affairs invites chemical technicians and chemists to apply for an award that would cover the cost of taking an ACS Leadership Development System Course during the ACS National Meeting in San Diego, CA (August 25 - 28, 2019).
To qualify for the award, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Live within 200 hundred miles of San Diego, CA
- Earned two- or four-year degree in chemistry or related field
- Work in a chemistry-related field
- Be an ACS member with a valid membership number
- Have employer support for time off to attend the meeting
- By the deadline of August 12, 2019, submit a completed application form, including a short essay (500 word max.) describing how you would hope to benefit from taking a leadership course.
The award recipient will each be reimbursed for the cost of transportation (mileage), one-night hotel stay, meals, and a leadership course of his/her choosing. Registration for the National Meeting is required for Leadership Courses.
Courses listed below:
ACS Leadership Development System ® courses are your opportunity to learn skills to gain an edge in today's global economy.
- Engaging Colleagues in Dialogue
- Collaborating Across Boundaries
- Leading Change
- Fostering Innovation
- Developing Communication Strategies
- Strategic Planning
- Leading Without Authority
For more information about these courses, view the Facilitated Courses Schedule.
For more information about the award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.