ACS Career Kick-Starter Workshop
About the Workshop
The Career Kick-Starter Workshop (CKS) is a career development workshop for graduate students and postdoctoral scholars in the chemical sciences. Through interactive activities and discussions, participants will assess their values and strengths, explore careers, develop career goals, and learn strategies to navigate the job search process.
- Understand how skills, values and opportunities intersect to create a satisfying career path.
- Identify their own personal values and skills.
- Develop goals to reach their desired career objective.
- Apply strategies for career exploration in different job sectors.
- Conduct a successful job search.
Personal Career Consulting
CKS participants will also have the opportunity to participate in one-on-one career advising sessions with ACS Career Consultants.
Who should host?
Chemical science departments and clubs/organizations that cater to chemical scientists are encouraged to host this workshop to equip graduate students and postdoctoral scholars with knowledge, strategies, and tools to plan for their careers
- On-campus: Two-days including personal career consulting
- Virutal: Flexible scheduling at request of institution
If your department is interested in hosting this workshop on your campus or have questions about the call for workshop facilitators email the ACS Student & Postdoctoral Scholars Development Office at GradEd@acs.org for more information.