ACS Career Kick-Starter Workshop
The Career Kick-Starter Workshop is a career development workshop for graduate students and postdoctoral scholars. Chemical science departments are encouraged to host this event on their campus so that graduate students and postdocs can receive the necessary knowledge and tools that would otherwise require weeks of individual effort to obtain.
We are currently offering this workshop in-person (2 days) and online (flexible schedules).
After this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Understand how skills, values and opportunities intersect to create a satisfying career path.
- Identify their own personal values and skills.
- Apply strategies for career exploration in different job sectors (Academia, Industry, Government and Non-Profit/Entrepreneurship/Other).
- Develop goals to reach their desired career objective.
- Conduct a successful job search.
In addition to the workshop, graduate students and postdocs will have the opportunity to participate in a one-on-one career advising session.
If your department is interested in hosting this workshop on your campus or have questions about the call for workshop facilitators email the ACS Graduate & Postdoctoral Scholars at GradEd@acs.org, or call 800-227-5558 ext. 6169 for more information.