Graduate School Recruiters
Showcase your program
The Graduate School Fair will be a virtual session taking place on Remo video conferencing on Tuesday, August 31 at 11:00 am EDT. Each school will be assigned a table and given two seats (out of 8) for the recruiters. Each table allows for live video discussion with students at the table, a whiteboard to post information, and a chat box for those who might not want to be on camera.
Participating programs will be promoted on the Graduate School Fair (updated weekly).
There are no costs associated with this virtual event!
The event functions like a graduate school fair. Recruiters are given a virtual table and students will join the tables to talk to you.
Recruiters will be allowed into the virtual event space an hour before the event starts. This is to give you time to familiarize yourself with the event space.
Participating recruiters will be provided a list of all students who attended the graduate school fair within 2-3 weeks after the event.
Before August 31, 2021
As a recruiter, you should do the following:
- Test your device for compatibility with Remo. Use a laptop or computer with Remo, as tablets do not work with the platform. Phones have limited capabilities with Remo.
- Find which browser work best on Remo.
- Make sure that any materials you want to add to the whiteboard, are under 5 MB.
- Locate the where on the floor plan your school will be located, so you can join that table. (Floor plan will be shared in August.)
- Share about the grad school fair & invite students to come talk to you.
On August 31, 2021
- The fair will be open an hour early (10 am EDT) for recruiters. We'll take about 15 minutes at the beginning to discuss some of the features of Remo. Afterwards you'll be able to explore the system.
- Create a Remo account for the event (if not already done)
- Head to your table.
- Have questions once you're logged into Remo? Open the chat located centrally along the bottom of your screen and search for ACS Staff.
- At your assigned table, familiarize yourself with the tools and set up anything you would like the students to see.
- Once you are set, you can take a break until the event starts at 11 am EDT.
- Turn on your camera and microphone. This will enable you to interact more fully with the students. If you are having issues with your camera and microphone, please try logging in through another browser.
- Attendees will stop at tables to talk. You may need to remind attendees to open up the whiteboard, if you have posted anythign there.
- Feel free to share your screen. Your screen share will open up another video window on the screen and you can encourage people to enlarge that video.