Tips for Effective Advocacy Strategy & Communication
Establish Your Talking Points
Come up with three, key takeaways that you want your policymakers to leave with after the correspondence or conversation.
Or you can use our talking points on sustaining federal support for research.
Identify Your "Ask"
Reiterate the takeaways and provide a clear call-to-action for your elected official. As an example, you could ask for sustained federal support for scientific research or you could help support the policy issues we advocate for.
- Predictable and Sustained Federal Support for Scientific Research
- Chemistry Talking Points for Outreach and Engagement
Background Information & Chemistry News
- Our Analysis of the FY2022 Budget & Appropriations for Science
- ACS' Latest Advocacy Activities
- ACS Chemical & Engineering News (C&EN)
- Toolkits on Sustainability and Federal Science Funding
- Our Positions on Policy Issues
Support the Chemical Safety Board
Urge Congress to block the proposed elimination of the CSB and support the agency’s mission to save lives and property.
Keep Science Funding Strong
Send a message to Congress that strong investment in science is vital to the innovation enterprise driving the American economy.