Supplement in-class learning with interactive, multimedia-rich Google Forms lesson modules, perfect for reinforcing key chemistry concepts and scientific investigation skills.
Last modified: Jun 30, 2023
Access Online Assignments
Chapter 5: The Water Molecule and Dissolving
- 5.1 Water is a Polar Molecule
- 5.2 Surface Tension
- 5.3 Why Does Water Dissolve Salt?
- 5.4 Why Does Water Dissolve Sugar?
- 5.5 Using Dissolving to Identify an Unknown
- 5.6 Does Temperature Affect Dissolving?
- 5.7 Can Liquids Dissolve in Water?
- 5.8 Can Gases Dissolve in Water?
- 5.9 Temperature Changes in Dissolving
Chapter 6: Chemical Change
- 6.1 What is a Chemical Reaction?
- 6.2 Controlling the Amount of Products in a Chemical Reaction
- 6.3 Forming a Precipitate
- 6.4 Temperature and Rate of a Chemical Reaction
- 6.5 A Catalyst and the Rate of Reaction
- 6.6 Using Chemical Change to Identify an Unknown
- 6.7 Energy Changes in Chemical Reactions
- 6.8 pH and Color Change
- 6.9 Neutralizing Acids and Bases
- 6.10 Carbon Dioxide Can Make a Solution Acidic
What Are Online Assignments?
Middle School Chemistry’s Interactive Chemistry Lesson Modules are a set of digital resources designed to complement your in-class, inquiry-based chemistry lessons. Originally developed during the pandemic as remote learning tools, these Google Forms modules have been repurposed for the post-pandemic era, providing an engaging and flexible way to support and assess student learning.
You can use Online Assignments for
- In-class reinforcement: Use the modules during class time to support hands-on activities, providing students with additional context and visuals to enhance understanding.
- Homework assignments: Assign modules as homework to reinforce concepts covered in class and encourage independent learning.
- Review and assessment: Utilize the modules as a review tool before exams, enabling students to self-assess their understanding and identify areas for improvement.
- Flipped classroom: Implement a flipped classroom approach, where students engage with the module content before class and use class time for active learning and discussion.
Easy to use and customize
Track progress and assess
Uses 5-E lesson plan format
How to Use Online Assignments
How to Copy, Edit, and Assign
Youtube ID: hrNceDbTksQ
- Click on a remote learning assignment to copy it to your Google Drive
- Do not edit the copy link when you click on it
- Create a copy in your Google Drive and make any edits you wish
- Click on the “eyeball” symbol at the top right to preview the form and view the videos, which only appear as images in your editable copy
- Assign your copy to your students
- Students will receive an email with their responses after they submit
- Grade student work by clicking on “Responses” at the top of the editable form in your Google Drive
Online Assignments Walkthrough
Check out this short walkthrough to see how you can use these assignments with your students.
Youtube ID: DDy3GakQHXw