Chemistry in Context: Applying Chemistry to Society
- Ch. 1 | Portable Electronics: The Periodic Table in the Palm of Your Hand
- Ch. 2 | The Air We Breathe
- Ch. 3 | Radiation from the Sun
- Ch. 4 | Climate Change
- Ch. 5 | Water Everywhere
- Ch. 6 | Energy from Combustion
- Ch. 7 | Energy from Alternative Sources
- Ch. 8 | Energy Storage
- Ch. 9 | The World of Polymers and Plastics
- Ch. 10 | Brewing and Chewing
- Ch. 11 | Nutrition
- Ch. 12 | Health & Medicine
- Ch. 13 | Genes and Life
- Ch. 14 | Who Killed Dr. Thompson? A Forensic Mystery
- What's Inside
- Lab Manual
Chemistry in Context
A textbook for non-science majors
Teach chemistry in the context of everyday life and examine world issues through a science lens!
The 10th Edition is now available
Chemistry in Context is a successful, issues-based curriculum developed by the American Chemical Society for non-science majors at the college level. The book is available in print and as an ebook.
Web-based simulations allow students to better understand different methods, manipulate variables to investigate properties, and see chemistry happen before their eyes.
Updated Your Turn questions include interactive web-based opportunities to help students develop a deep understanding of the chemistry involved, with real life contexts.
A capstone chapter highlights how forensic science can be used to solve a crime. A lab mysteriously catches fire and students investigate a "whodunit" style murder case to solve with the help of chemistry.
Attend a Chemistry in Context Workshop
Get hands-on training from the authors, who are seasoned educators, on how to successfully execute the content and experiments in your classroom.