Ch. 13 | Genes and Life
- Ch. 1 | Portable Electronics: The Periodic Table in the Palm of Your Hand
- Ch. 2 | The Air We Breathe
- Ch. 3 | Radiation from the Sun
- Ch. 4 | Climate Change
- Ch. 5 | Water Everywhere
- Ch. 6 | Energy from Combustion
- Ch. 7 | Energy from Alternative Sources
- Ch. 8 | Energy Storage
- Ch. 9 | The World of Polymers and Plastics
- Ch. 10 | Brewing and Chewing
- Ch. 11 | Nutrition
- Ch. 12 | Health & Medicine
- Ch. 13 | Genes and Life
- Ch. 14 | Who Killed Dr. Thompson? A Forensic Mystery
- What's Inside
- Lab Manual
Chapter 13 Opening Video
This video sets the stage for what students will learn about DNA and genes in Chapter 13.
This video shows how to use an X-ray diffractometer, which is illustrated in Figure 13.5.
This simulation allows students to see the effects of solvent and amino acid side chains on protein folding, which is illustrated in Figure 13.11.
This simulation allows students to investigate the primary, secondary, and tertiary structures of proteins.
CRISPR/Cas 9 Explained
This ACS Reactions video explains how CRISPR works and will help with answers to Your Turn 13.14.