Ch. 10 | Brewing and Chewing
- Ch. 1 | Portable Electronics: The Periodic Table in the Palm of Your Hand
- Ch. 2 | The Air We Breathe
- Ch. 3 | Radiation from the Sun
- Ch. 4 | Climate Change
- Ch. 5 | Water Everywhere
- Ch. 6 | Energy from Combustion
- Ch. 7 | Energy from Alternative Sources
- Ch. 8 | Energy Storage
- Ch. 9 | The World of Polymers and Plastics
- Ch. 10 | Brewing and Chewing
- Ch. 11 | Nutrition
- Ch. 12 | Health & Medicine
- Ch. 13 | Genes and Life
- Ch. 14 | Who Killed Dr. Thompson? A Forensic Mystery
- What's Inside
- Lab Manual
Chapter 10 Opening Video
This video sets the stage for what students will learn about the chemistry of food in Chapter 10.
Toothpaste & Orange Juice
This ACS Reactions video explains how toothpaste affects our sense of taste.
Heating Curve of Water
This interactive AACT simulation allows students to investigate the heating curve of water with data and better understand Figure 10.4.
Water's Boiling Point
This infographic explains why water boils at different temperatures in different cities/at different altitudes, and provides further explanation to Figure 10.5.
The Maillard Reaction
This ACS Reactions video explains what the Maillard reaction is and why our tastebuds thank chemistry for it.
Microwaves & Molecules
This PhET simulation allows students to interact with microwave radiation to better understand Figure 10.9.
Mentos and Diet Coke!
This Adventures in Chemistry video dives into Henry's Law with a familiar demonstration.
The Donut Battle
The ACS Reactions video discusses fermentation in the context of donuts -- yeast vs. cake.