Ch. 3 | Radiation from the Sun
- Ch. 1 | Portable Electronics: The Periodic Table in the Palm of Your Hand
- Ch. 2 | The Air We Breathe
- Ch. 3 | Radiation from the Sun
- Ch. 4 | Climate Change
- Ch. 5 | Water Everywhere
- Ch. 6 | Energy from Combustion
- Ch. 7 | Energy from Alternative Sources
- Ch. 8 | Energy Storage
- Ch. 9 | The World of Polymers and Plastics
- Ch. 10 | Brewing and Chewing
- Ch. 11 | Nutrition
- Ch. 12 | Health & Medicine
- Ch. 13 | Genes and Life
- Ch. 14 | Who Killed Dr. Thompson? A Forensic Mystery
- What's Inside
- Lab Manual
Chapter 3 Opening Video
This video sets the stage for what students will learn about radiation from the sun in Chapter 3.
Color and Light
This video explores the relationship between wavelength of light and the apparent color of materials.
This simulations shows the relationship between wavelength, frequency, and energy of electromagnetic waves.
Rainbow Flame Demo
This ACS video shows a laboratory demonstration of a flame test, which students can use to answer Your Turn 3.8.
This interactive activity shows where UV light comes from, and explores how the atmosphere protects us from UV radiation.
This ACS Reactions video explores the question: what if humans could use sunlight to make their own food like plants?
This interactive data on the effect of race on the melanoma incidence rates can be used to answer Your Turn 3.15.
This simulation explores surface/volume ratio of nanoparticles and their influence on skin penetration of UV radiation and helps with Your Turn 3.36.
This simulation investigates how sunscreen works and helps with Your Turn 3.36.