Ch. 7 | Energy from Alternative Sources
- Ch. 1 | Portable Electronics: The Periodic Table in the Palm of Your Hand
- Ch. 2 | The Air We Breathe
- Ch. 3 | Radiation from the Sun
- Ch. 4 | Climate Change
- Ch. 5 | Water Everywhere
- Ch. 6 | Energy from Combustion
- Ch. 7 | Energy from Alternative Sources
- Ch. 8 | Energy Storage
- Ch. 9 | The World of Polymers and Plastics
- Ch. 10 | Brewing and Chewing
- Ch. 11 | Nutrition
- Ch. 12 | Health & Medicine
- Ch. 13 | Genes and Life
- Ch. 14 | Who Killed Dr. Thompson? A Forensic Mystery
- What's Inside
- Lab Manual
Chapter 7 Opening Video
This video sets the stage for what students will learn about alternative energy sources in Chapter 7.
Isotopes and Atomic Mass
This PhET simulation allows students to manipulate subatomic particles to better understand isotopes.
This video explains how dominoes can mimic nuclear chain reactions to better understand chain reactions.
This PhET simulation allows students to investigate nuclear fission that takes place in a reactor like that shown in Figure 7.7.
This activity explains how to construct a cloud chamber to visulaize ionizing radiation.
This video explains the aftermath of the Chornobyl nuclear disaster, which is also depicted in Figure 7.16..
Will Solar Work For You?
This infographic explains the relative cost and pay back of solar power in different U.S. regions.