CIBA/YCC Young Scientist Travel Award
Younger Chemists Committee (YCC)
The ACS Younger Chemists Committee (YCC) and the CIBA Foundation are proud to support the CIBA/YCC Young Scientist Travel Award and the development of younger chemists in the chemical sciences. This award provides funding for young and early-career chemists to travel to and participate in an ACS national or regional meeting. YCC and the CIBA Foundation congratulate the outstanding past CIBA/YCC Young Scientist Travel Award winners.
CIBA/YCC Young Scientist Travel Awards are issued twice a year but the number of awards granted yearly will vary subject to available funding. Awards are made on the basis of scientific merit and financial need. Funds may be applied only for registration, travel, and accommodations and are restricted to traveling to ACS national or regional meetings. Each travel award will equal $1000.00. In additional to financial support, the award provides networking opportunities for recipients who attend an ACS national or regional meeting
The award is intended for young scientists (under 35) who have post-doctoral appointments OR are within the first seven (7) years of their professional career. Those who have received a prior award under this program are ineligible.
Applicants must be currently:
- Under the age of 35 years of age at the time of application
- A post-doc OR within the first seven (7) years of a professional career
- An ACS Member
- Are not presently a Member or Associate Member on any National ACS committee
Awards will be given with preference to the following:
- Applicants making their first presentation at an ACS national or regional ACS meeting;
- Applicants who have not presented at an ACS national, regional or other major scientific meeting since degree completion. For example:
- Postdoctoral applicants who have not presented at a national or regional ACS meeting since completing their graduate degree;
- Early career professionals (within 7 years of degree completion, regardless of degree) who have not presented at a national or regional ACS meeting since completing their degree.
- Applicants currently under the age of 35 OR within 7 years of degree completion regardless of the number of prior presentation at ACS national or regional meetings.
The YCC Governance Interface and Outreach Subcommittee oversees the application review and selects awardees. If you have questions about the award process, please email email@example.com.
All application material must be received by the application close date for consideration.
The application deadline for meetings occurring between January 1 and June 30 is November 15. The application deadline for meetings occurring between July 1 and December 31 is May 15. Late applications will not be considered. Travel awards cannot be used for meetings already attended.
In the online application process, the applicant will be required to provide/upload the following:
- Completed CIBA/YCC Young Scientist Travel Award application
- A short biography for publication on the YCC website (100 words or less).
- Your current curriculum vita or resume including your permanent address (PDF or DOC).
Apply using our online Application
For more information:
Mail: American Chemical Society
Department of Diversity Programs
c/o YCC - CIBA/YCC Younger Chemist Travel Award
1155 16th St. NW
Washington DC 20036