The ACS Senior Chemists Committee 2021 Mini-Grant Program for Local Sections
The Senior Chemists Committee program is offering a limited number of grants to sections that wish to sponsor an event or activity (this includes virtual events) that will increase the engagement of senior members and encourage innovative activities that will benefit the local community, schools, or legislative government.
- A limited number of grants (up to $500) are available to local sections that wish to host an event/activity that meets the above criteria.
- Local sections must submit a grant application by May 31, 2021.
- Grant funds will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis with the review of the SCC Awards Subcommittee.
- As per ACS policy, a summary report must be submitted within 30 days of the conclusion of the event or activity.
- AIf you have any questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please apply and help senior chemists stay connected!
Some events for consideration include: special recognition luncheons and dinners for 50, 60, and 70 year members, mentoring activities for undergraduates, collaborative events with younger chemists, tours of historical landmarks, and events to help local community students (e.g., science fairs, STEM projects). For more information and ways to engage senior chemists, please email email@example.com.