National Meeting Travel Grant
About the Grant
Active ACS student chapters are eligible to receive an ACS National Meeting Travel Grant that may be used to cover registration fees, lodging, and/or transportation costs associated with ACS National Meetings.
Grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications are sorted in order of receipt date, chapter activation date, and the number of ACS student members. If more applications are received than the allotted number of awards, your chapter will be placed on a waiting list.
Travel Grants for Domestic Chapters
Chapters are eligible for this $300 grant if they meet the following criteria:
- Chapter is located within the United States or Puerto Rico
- Have ACTIVE status with ACS
- At least one ACS student member (must have a ACS membership number) must present a research or chapter poster in one of the Division of Chemical Education's (CHED) undergraduate poster sessions
- Submit an abstract (you will need to provide the Control ID/Abstract Number from the confirmation on your chapter's application)
New Orleans Meeting:
December 1, 2017
Travel Grants for International Chapters
Chapters are eligible for this $1500 grant if they meet the following criteria:
- Chapter must be chartered outside of the United States or Puerto Rico (Learn how to become a chartered chapters)
- Have at least 6 paid members of the ACS
- Have a faculty advisor who is also a member of the ACS
How can international chapters use the funds?
- Funds must be used to support at least 1 student member's travel to the national meeting
- Funds can support a maximum of 1 faculty advisor's travel to the national meeting
- Chapter members traveling to the meeting will be required to register as a volunteer for the undergraduate program during the meeting
- The chapter will be asked to submit a final report outlining your experience at the national meeting
Email a one-page document to firstname.lastname@example.org that answers the following questions:
- Who from your chatper will be traveling to the ACS National Meeting?
- Why were these students/faculty chosen to attend?
- How will the chapter use the funds?
- How will the attendees share their experiences with the rest of their chapter when they return to their university?
If you notify ACS of a cancellation after the check has been mailed, or if your chapter does not show up at the meeting, the money must be returned to ACS within 45 business days of the meeting date. If your chapter fails to return the unused grant money, the chapter will not be considered for a Student Chapter Award.