ChemClub Community Activities Grant
Community Activity Grants support chartered ACS ChemClubs in community interactions by providing funds for service projects or improving science learning experiences. Chartered ChemClubs are eligible to receive up to a $300 Flinn Scientific gift card. Community activities done in collaboration with ACS Local Sections, ACS Student Chapters, or other ChemClubs are eligible to receive up to a $500 Flinn Scientific gift card.
The application is open August 1 – November 1 each year. Grants are reviewed and awarded on a rolling basis.
To be eligible for a ChemClub Community Activity Grant, your club must meet the following requirements:
The grant activity must involve the community and be chemistry-related. Examples include:
- science demonstrations at a local elementary or middle school
- recycling program for your community
- tutoring programs for chemistry students
ChemClub members must be heavily involved in the planning and execution of the project.
Increase your chances
Watch these webinars:
- Enhance Your Chemistry Classroom with Other People's Money – a walk through the grant writing process
- Use Other People's Money to Enhance Your Classroom - hear from two teacher's on how they have used the ACS grants
Your grant application will be judged using the following criteria:
- Budget items support the proposed activities and does not exceed $300 (or $500 if partnered with a Student Chapter, Local Section, or another ChemClub).
- Application uses language that is clear, concise and free of spelling or grammatical errors.
- Responses align with the questions posed.
- Safety concerns are addressed and will be shared with the intended audience.
- Proposed plan is possible within the school year and budget.
- Creativity/originality of the event
- Involves the community
- Activities are chemistry-related