ChemClub Community Activities Grants
Applications are accepted annually from April 1 – June 1.
Community Activity Grants support chartered ACS ChemClubs in community interactions by service projects or improving science learning experiences. ChemClub Grants began in 2009 with a generous donation from then ACS President, Tom Lane.
Chartered ChemClubs are eligible to receive up to $300. A special award up to $500 is given to community activities done in collaboration with ACS student chapters (college chapters) or ACS Local Sections.
To apply for a grant:
- Your club must be a chartered ACS ChemClub for the current school year. Renew your charter now
- If you were a chartered club during the previous academic year, an annual report must be on file.
- If you received a grant during the previous academic year, your grant final report must be on file.
- The activity must involve the community and be chemistry-related. Examples include: science demonstrations at a local elementary or middle school; recycling program for your community; and tutoring programs for chemistry students.
- Students must be heavily involved in the planning and execution of the project.
- If collaborating on a project with an ACS student chapter, the chapter must have an “active” status. You can request contact information for neighboring colleges with student chapters, verification of status, and assistance with facilitating communication. There must be a defined role for both the ACS ChemClub and the ACS Student Chapter.
- If collaborating on a project with an ACS Local Section, there must be a defined role for both the ACS ChemClub and the ACS local section. You can request contact information for local sections, and assistance with facilitating communication.
Once the project is completed, your club must submit the following to the ACS Office of High School Chemistry:
- Receipts showing use of funds
- A short explanation of the activity
- Pictures of the activity (accompanied by photo release forms)
- 800-227-5558, ext. 8296