How to Apply for Corporate Associates Seed Grant
CCA considers those requests for seed grants that further CA's role in areas agreed to by the Committee. Funding guidelines for each applicant are generally $1,000 up to a maximum of $10,000 per calendar year. CA Seed Grants should not be considered as continuous support. The Committee suggests the following areas for consideration:
- Education in the field of chemical sciences
- Education of the public regarding the chemical industry
- Enhancement of professionalism or safety in chemistry
Include the following information in your funding proposals.
- Mailing address
- E-mail address
- Phone numbers (fax and voice) of the contact person
(if you are working with an ACS staff member, include that person's name and phone number as well.)
- Describe the problem or opportunity.
- What has been done before within ACS or by others?
- Why should it be of concern to both ACS and the chemical process industries?
- How does it relate to CA's mission?
Description of the Proposed Program
- What will be done and by whom?
- Who will benefit from this effort?
- What results are expected?
Amount of Money Requested
- What is the total cost of the project or program?
- What is the total amount you are requesting from CA?
- What other sources of funding have you pursued? (Please provide a detailed list of anticipated expenses.)
- Proposals for consideration during the ACS spring national meeting – February 15
- Proposals for consideration during the ACS fall national meeting – July 1
Mail your proposal to:
ACS Office of Corporation Associates
1155 Sixteenth Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036