ACS-Hach Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Scholarship
Now Accepting Applications!
The ACS-Hach Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Scholarship is awarded to recent graduates and graduate students with limited work experience and an interest in becoming secondary chemistry teachers. Recipients must be pursuing a Masters degree in education or becoming certified as a chemistry/science teacher.
Scholarship recipients receive:
- Scholarship stipends (up to $6,000 for full-time study or up to $3,000 for part-time study) towards the completion of a Masters degree in education or secondary chemistry/science certification.*
- Support and mentroing throughout their three year teaching commitment.
Scholarship stipends can be applied to tuition, books, room and board, and other education-related expenses and are renewable up to three years. Scholarships cannot be applied to expenses retroactively.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have a Bachelors degree or higher in chemistry or chemistry-related discipline
- Have less than one year work experience outside of obtaining undergraduate and graduate degrees**
- Demonstrate an interest and commitment to becoming a secondary educator
- Be accepted into an education masters program or teacher certification program
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Applications must be submitted by April 1, 2017 in order to be considered for the 2017-2018 academic year.
View the acceptance and renewal requirements.
See the recipients of the scholarship since 2014.
The ACS-Hach Post-Baccalaureate Scholarship is part of ACS-Hach Programs. Learn about the other programs and how they support high school chemistry teachers at every step of their careers.
* Due to scholarship guidelines, scholarship stipends are distributed in equal installments two times per academic year. This may result in scholars receiving half of their total scholarship if they complete their program by the Fall semester.
** If you have more than one year of work experience, please consider applying for our ACS-Hach Second Career Teacher Scholarship.
April 1, 2017
April 15, 2017
2017 Applicant Decision/Notification
June 30, 2017
Eligible Chemistry-Related Disciplines
- Agricultural Chemistry
- Ceramic Science/
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Technology
- Environmental Science/Engineering (must be chemistry-based)
- Forensic Science/Chemistry
- Food Science (not Nutrition)
- Industrial Chemistry
- Materials Science or Petroleum Engineering
- Nanotechnology or Nano Science
- Paper and Pulp Technology