ACS-Hach Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Scholarship Application
- Create an account. The account allows you to update your application at any time prior to submission and view your application status after submission. Your e-mail address will serve as the username for the account so use your most preferred e-mail.
- Click “Apply” in the left navigation pane.
- Click “2016 ACS-Hach Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Scholarship” to begin the application.
- Complete the Letter of Intent (LOI). The purpose of this LOI is to ensure that you complete the application that best matches your situation. This information that you provide will be reviewed by ACS Staff. When approved, you will receive the application form for which you are eligible. Allow one business day for review and notification.
- Once you be notified to complete your application, enter and submit the required materials for this application form. All information, including transcripts must be submitted with this form. Information not currently available in electronic form can be converted to PDF for free using the FaxtoMail feature. You may save and exit your application until the April 1st submission deadline.
- Submit your application. Saved drafts are not considered submitted applications. You must click "Submit" button. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to confirm your submission within 3 business days.
To help you prepare for completing an online application form, we have created the ACS-Hach Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Scholarship Application Worksheet. The worksheet contains the questions asked on the online form and should only be used for preparation purposes. You must complete an online application form via this website to be considered for the 2016-2017 application cycle.
A completed application packet must include:
- Preferred contact information
Two email addresses are required, however, the primary address will serve as the default form of contact and username name for your online account.
- One page resume or CV
The resume or CV should highlight your educational and professional experiences in the chemical fields.
Submit copies of transcripts from all institutions that you received a degree and/or certification. If you transferred while obtaining a degree or certification, one transcript containing the transferred credits or courses is acceptable. Non-electronic transcripts can be submitted online using our Fax-to-Mail feature.
- Admittance Letter
Submit a copy of the admittance letter from the institution where you will be completing the educational program. Non-electronic letters can be submitted online using our Fax-to-Mail feature.
- Personal Narrative
The personal narrative is the opportunity for us to get to know you as a candidate. The narrative consists of the following four sections:
1. Why Teach Chemistry? Describe why you want to teach chemistry. Please limit your answer to 1750 characters (approximately 250 words).
2. Personal Experience: Describe how your personal experiences, formal or informal, prepared you to pursue a career in teaching. Please limit your answer to 1750 characters (approximately 250 words).
3. Professional Experience: Describe how your professional qualifications will prepare you to pursue a career in teaching. This can include your educational training and internship experiences. Please limit your answer to 1750 characters (approximately 250 words).
4. Why This Scholarship? Describe how the ACS-Hach Second Career Teacher Scholarship will contribute to your career development. Please limit your answer to 1750 characters (approximately 250 words).